Health Savings Accounts

How Are Contributions Made to an HSA?

Tax-advantaged contributions can be made in three ways:

  • You or your family can make tax deductible contributions to your HSA even if you do not itemize deductions on your federal income tax return.
  • Your employer can make contributions that are not taxed to either you or your employer.
  • Employers may allow employees to contribute untaxed salary through a salary reduction program.
Share Article:
Add to GooglePlus
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. ("CFS"), a Registered Broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC-registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. General Electric Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.