Countdown to Retirement
- Company Retirement Benefits
- Social Security and Medicare Benefits
- Investments and Taxes
- If You Decide to Move
- Putting It All Together
Putting It All Together
Retirement can be a dramatic change for you. Proper planning now will let you devote your retirement energies to the things you really enjoy doing. Let's review the key elements of a successful retirement strategy.
Retirement Review Time
- Determine when you can retire and what your retirement lifestyle will be.
- Make sure you have your insurance needs covered.
- Understand your Social Security benefits.
- Develop an investment strategy. As you get older you'll need to get more conservative, but remember you want your portfolio to keep pace with inflation.
- Monitor your investments. Remember to consider gradually shifting money in and out of investments within your portfolio.
- As you approach retirement, think about the distribution options that will suit your needs and wants.
- Understand the tax laws when planning the sale of your home.
- Estate planning is a critical part of your overall planning.
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. ("CFS"), a Registered Broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC-registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. General Electric Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.